There are a couple of cases to always upgrade your executable version.
- from any version prior to NAV 5.x, SP1 to NAV 2009 – this executable upgrade will:
- reduce the size of your SQL Server database immediately by up to 40% because of the elimination of SIFT index tables
- provide a better compiler with colors for syntax checking
- make your system faster because of fine-tuning for SQL Server
- from NAV 2013 to NAV 2015 – because NAV 2015 is the version where the benefits of the role-tailored client are fully provided.